Poetry Pond
This is my paper, my mind is the pen

THE GOAL:

ONE POEM PER WEEK

.

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

I have NO clue where this one comes from. I just randomly wrote it one night from some image in my head. It's untitled.

The coldness creeps like a black widow spider
dark and harsh, without mercy.
The frost on the ground crunches against the weight
of hard soled boots, you bought them only a week ago.
Breathing hard, disoriented,
hoping the light will come.
Where is the light? Is it coming for you?
Will you have to stay cold like this forever?
You hear a bird cry out, flying alone
you sit and collect your thoughts.
You feel the warmth,
the light has arrived
and the fear in your heart is like the bullet
from a gun of cold hard metal.

posted by:Russ at 1:54 AM | Post Page | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Designed by Ryon