Poetry Pond
This is my paper, my mind is the pen

THE GOAL:

ONE POEM PER WEEK

.

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

This one was written on the one-year anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. 'Nuff said.

I know you've felt the pain
You feel you've been done wrong
But if you'll give me a minute,
then I'll sing you a song
The vulture tore the curtain
The red silk cover of life
The eagle tried to stop it
And paid for it with his life
The skies were black with poison
Belched and fouled by hate
The Towers took the blast and fell
In the city Great

Questions went unanswered
Goodbyes fell to air
Young and old
Man and woman
They all were shattered there
But now they are all Angels
Guarding over child
The love that still seeps through the cracks
In man's heart runneth wild
As long as there's a rainbow
Coming through the storm and rain
Those who live to tell the tale
Will find hope and peace again

posted by:Russ at 1:42 AM | Post Page | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Designed by Ryon