Poetry Pond
This is my paper, my mind is the pen

THE GOAL:

ONE POEM PER WEEK

.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving is here, as it is every year
And this time around
I greet it with cheer

I'm thankful this year for so many things
I'm thankful for the lovely way Joss Stone sings

I'm thankful for music
Thankful for Ellen
Thankful for soap that smells of watermelon

I'm thankful for Jessica
Thankful for Beth
Thankful for both of them, they love me to death

I'm thankful for my parents
Thankful for home
Thankful I don't have to go out and roam

I'm thankful for my niece, she's a little sweetheart
I'm thankful I get to see her life from the start

Most of all I'm thankful my brother's still here
I'm thankful we lived through the worst of our fears
I'm thankful my future sis-in-law is improving
Seeing her fight for her life is quite moving

I'm thankful for all I have, I know I am lucky
This Thanksgiving I am certainly one thankful ducky

posted by:Russ at 11:04 PM | Post Page | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Designed by Ryon