Poetry Pond
This is my paper, my mind is the pen

THE GOAL:

ONE POEM PER WEEK

.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Random Poetry #2

The site I clicked on: www.youngna.com
The word I highlighted: see

Just a disclaimer: this poem isn't about anyone in particular, or at all. I just wrote what sounded good and it's more from the perspective of a character than anything else.

The poem:

See what you get when you fake it?
You're only fooling yourself
Your expiration date has passed
I'm putting you back on the shelf

You've wound me tight as a rubber band
Watch me snap in your face
See what you get when you play me like that?
My name for you is Disgrace

See what you get when I just stop caring?
I'm leaving you out in the dust
You may find my heart, my mind, my sympathy
But you'll get no more of my trust

posted by:Russ at 7:52 PM | Post Page | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Designed by Ryon