Poetry Pond
This is my paper, my mind is the pen

THE GOAL:

ONE POEM PER WEEK

.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Random Poetry Explanation

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

Today I started a new way (at least for me) to write poetry. What I do is I click on a random site on my blog, or anywhere really, and then randomly highlight a word with my mouse. I usually have my eyes closed to make it totally random, and I try to just highlight ONE word. If I end up highlighting only a portion of a word, which is how it seems to work most of the time, that's the word I choose.

After I've got a word, I use that word to write a poem. It could be a theme for a poem, or the start of the first line. The point is for me to use that word to start the creative process. I think it's fun and challenging, and it might get me to write more!

I'm going to post the first two poems I've done today, right above this post.

posted by:Russ at 7:49 PM | Post Page | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Designed by Ryon